WAYNE BARNSTONE MSW, LCSW-C
Wayne Barnstone LCSW-C is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with a calm and easy going manner. He has been a psychotherapist for 20 years, helping all types of people with problems big and small. Relationship issues, life transitions, depression, anxiety are among the many areas that he has helped his clients effectively deal with and overcome. He has also supervised and trained many therapists during his two decades of practice. In his previous career he worked on Wall Street, so he knows a great deal about the stress on working professionals, and on transitions. Wayne uses his own life experiences to guide the support he provides others.
His approach is collaborative and he will help clients develop specific methods and perspectives that will not only help resolve current issues but provide the tools to make life from today onward more fulfilling and satisfying. Wayne uses techniques based on psychodynamic therapy as well as cognitive-behavioral tools and exercises to promote and reinforce new coping strategies.
Wayne is licensed in Maryland, New York, and the District of Columbia.
- MSW, Social Work, Columbia University, New York City, NY
- MIA, International Banking and Finance, Columbia University, New York City, NY
- BA, East Asian History and Language, Brown University, Providence, RI
- Young Adults
- Greater Washington Society of Clinical Social Work
- National Association Of Social Workers
- Former Adjunct Assistant Professor, University of Southern California's Masters of Social Work Program
Workshops, Groups, & Presentations: