SHARING AND CONNECTING:
Online Video Programs, Articles, Community Outreach and more....
Sequence's media presence extends throughout multiple articles, publications, and videos. Explore below for insights and information from Sequence.
Our gift to you: Take our knowledge home with video programs to rent or download, created by our talented team:
More videos can be found on our Vimeo page here!
Interviews & Articles
WPFW Radio Interview “MyNDTALK” with Our Director Kathleen Landers LCSW-C
Online Article From Thrive Global On Mindful Transitions
Women Business Owners of Maryland
The Muse, interview with Kathleen Landers
Executive Coaching Advise in Featured Articles:
The New York Academy of Sciences- Mental Wellness and Health Webinar
In September 2020, three of our staff members presented this webinar in conjunction with the New York Academy of Sciences!
The pressure, competition and stress experienced by graduate students puts them at high risk of mental health issues. The lack of effective mentoring, uncertainty of jobs post graduation, toxic work environment, and limited community support takes its toll and causes several scientists to deal with anxiety and depression. Often graduate students are expected to self-identify methodologies of coping with this pressure and their lack of understanding and low access to professional guidance impacts their professional and personal growth.
In this webinar you will learn:
- What we know about mental health and wellness amongst the Graduate Community?
- Ways in which you can cope with anxiety and depression?
- Resources to understand and balance work stress
Check out our staff's favorite resources!
- You Are Your Best Thing by Brene Brown and Tarana Burke: an anthology highlighting vulnerability, shame, resilience from a Black perspective. https://brenebrown.com/you-are-your-best-thing/
- Gottman's "Eight Dates" https://www.gottman.com/eight-dates/
- "Feeling Good" by David Burns
- "After the Affair: Healing the Pain and Rebuilding Trust When a Partner Has Been Unfaithful" by Janice Abrahams Spring
- Sexual Healing Journey by Wendy Maltz https://www.amazon.com/Sexual-Healing-Journey-Guide-Survivors/dp/0062130730
- Healthy Minds app- free app , researched based by a team of neuroscientists at University of Wisconsin which helps develop a calmer, more resilient mind for everyday living.
- Ted Talk- Angela Duckworth: The power of passion and perseverance.
- TinyBuddha-app offering practical tips and advice for coping with life's challenges. Over 1.5 million users.