Gabe is a licensed clinical social worker providing psychotherapy at SEQUENCE to young adults, adults, couples and groups. For more than 20 years he has been honored to work as a therapist in a variety of settings including schools, hospitals, mental health clinics as well as private practice.
Gabe offers therapy that addresses thoughts and feelings, coping strategies, mindfulness, and past patterns. He adjusts his approach to each person individually to provide the best support possible. His goal is to create the opportunity for healing and growth for you. He works with men and women, individually and in couples therapy.
Gabe has also led groups for some time, including a men's divorce therapy group and a grief therapy group for adults. He continues this form of therapy at Sequence through the groups listed below.
Gabe sees individuals who are struggling with anxiety, depression, grief and other life transition issues. He works with men on issues specific to managing and expressing emotions for more connected relationships and better professional success. He also works with couples, improving their communication and emotional connection. His training includes the Gottman Method Couples Therapy, and Gottman Educator Certification for new parents. He frequently coaches adults on parenting challenges.
Areas of Focus:
- Anxiety Management and Reduction
- Depression and Mood Regulation
- ADHD Management
- High Functioning Autism Support
- Grief and Loss Concerns
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Informed Therapy (DBT)
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Gottman Relationship Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
Education & Certifications:
- Master of Social Work, The University of Chicago, School of Social Service Administration, Chicago, IL
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, American University, Washington, DC
- Gottman Therapist Level 3
- 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work, Leader, Gottman Institute
- Bringing Baby Home, Leader, Gottman Institute
Workshops & Groups: