Anchal Khanna, MS, LCMFT
Anchal Khanna, MS, LCMFT
Anchal Khanna MS, LCMFT is a licensed clinical marriage and family therapist with over sixteen years of experience as an individual and couples therapist, group facilitator and trainer. She works with adults fof all ages from diverse backgrounds who are concerned about a range of issues inlcuding marital issues, family relationships, mood disorders, relationship difficulties, cultural adjustments and the transition to parenthood.
Her work experience as a therapist has included working in outpatient settings such as university counseling centers, private practice and mental health agencies. Along with working as a therapist with Sequence she was for over 10 years the Assistant Director at the counseling center of George Mason University, and currently counsels students at the University of Maryland Shady Grove Campus.
With warmth, humor and attention for the details, Anchal brings many gifts to her role as a therapist. Anchal uses collaborating, empowering and solution focused conversations in assisting her clients facilitate change and create positive movement in their lives. A native of India, Anchal has lived across the States working and attending school in various regions. Her ability to connect on a personal and therapeutic level across cultures, class, gender and age, enriches her ability to connect and support each individual she works with.
Anchal has completed the advanced level of the Gottman method of couples therapy. She is certified as a Gottman Educator to facilitate the Bringing Baby Home program for new and expecting parents that helps them sustain their relationship and be effective parents. She is also a certified Mental Health First Aid instructor. She has significant experience in leading workshops on varied topics for clinicians, paraprofessionals and non-mental health groups.
At Sequence Anchal is also the Director of the SEQUENCE INSTITUTE for Learning and Education, and together with our Executive Director Kathleen Landers LCSW-C, she develops curriculum and organizes workshops and trainings for our range of clients in the areas of Wellness, Career Development, Therapy and Parenting, as well as offering continuing education training for other mental health and affiliate professionals.
When not working Anchal spends time with her husband and children, enjoying the DC area.
Degrees and Certifications:
- M.S. Marriage and Family Therapy, Northern Illinois University
- B.A. & M.A. Psychology, University of Mumbai, India
- Certified Gottman Educator, Bringing Baby Home Program, Gottman Institute
- Level III Trained in Gottman Couples Therapy, Gottman Institute
- Mental Health First Aid Instructor, National Council for Mental Health
Trainings and Workshops Led:
- Bringing Baby Home Series http://sequenceservices.com/bringing-baby-home
- Crisis Intervention
- Developing and Enhancing Emotional Intelligence in Children
- Suicide Prevention and Education
- Diversity Training
- Crisis Intervention/Psychological Impact of Sexual Assault
- Emotional Intelligence and Leadership
- Parenting Your Child Towards Career Success https://parenting-young-adults-to-career-success.eventbrite.com
McDowell, T., Fang, S., Gomez Young, C., Khanna, A. et al (2003). Making space for racial dialogue: Our experience in a marriage and family therapy training program. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 29, 179-195.
McDowell, T., Fang, S., Brownlee, K., Gomez Young, C. & Khanna, A. (2002).Transforming an MFT program: A model for enhancing diversity. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 28, 179-192.
Khanna, A., McDowell, T., Khanna, A., Perumbilly, S. & Titus, G. (2009). Working with Asian Indian American families: A Delphi study. Journal of Systemic Therapies, 28, 52-71.
- Women’s Therapy Group
- Psychoeducational Group for Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Personal Growth Therapy Group
- Mindful Living Group
- Mother's Mind http://sequenceservices.com/mothers-mind
Clinical Member: American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy