YOU DESERVE THE RIGHT CAREER
As adults careers define us, they represent the significant investments we have made in our education and experiences. Through our careers we provide for our financial needs and keep our curiosity alive. We derive meaning for our life in the services we provide for those around us and from the communities to which we are connected through our work.
SEQUENCE offers professional consulting by an expert team of career and workplace consultants. These professionals have diverse backgrounds which include the Federal Government, Corporate Human Resources, Employee Assistance, Non-Profit Leadership, Executive Coaching, and Program Development. Our goal is to promote workplace success for individuals, small businesses and organizations.
Scroll down for details and links, click on the highlighted dates of the calendar to the right, or visit our workshops page here for current events: http://sequenceinstitute.eventbrite.com/
Services may be offered in our Rockville offices, on-site throughout the Washington Metropolitan Area, by phone or video conference. Call 240-200-5401 ext. 2 for more information.
Career coaching can make all the difference in your career. Coaches work with you to define and achieve your goals. Together you will navigate your path to your ideal career vision. The coaching process may be targeted to a very specific time frame or career transition, or it may be more open ended as you explore options over time and move through the job seeking process.
Services may include a combination of the services listed below:
- Review of Career/Educational History
- Assessments ( see list of options below)
- Strategic Planning for Career Transitions: Shifts/Advancement/Return to Workforce
- Career Options based upon Values Assessments
- Effective Communication Strategies
- Social Media Networking Strategies
- LinkedIn Profile Review or Creation
- Interview Preparation and Techniques
- Salary Negotiation Strategies
Sessions are generally 60 minutes in length, with a 195.00 per hour fee for this individualized service. Length of work ranges from 5-7 sessions over a period of months.
30 MINUTE PHONE "ACCOUNTABILITY" CHECK-INS
CAREER COACHING SERVICES PACKAGES:
Our premium career services offered at a discount when purchased in pre-pay packages and completed within the specified time frame. Time reflects maximum time allotted, sessions may be completed sooner if feasible.
4 sessions within a 3 month time frame
$740 package price (185 per session)
6 sessions within a 6 month time frame
$1050 package price (175 per session)
8 sessions within a 9 month time frame
$ 1320 package price (165 per session)
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CAREER ASSESSMENT
- An in-depth, personalized conversation about your current or future Federal Career and goals
- Detailed exploration of Federal job services compatible with your federal career goals
- Tips and Tricks for optimizing your use of USAJOBS.gov
- Review of sample Federal job announcement that meets your career requirements
- Review of how to answer self assessment questions from target job announcements
- Focused advise on optimizing your existing resume to promising Federal job targets
The following assessments are offered online, with links provided by your Career Services professional, who will schedule an interpretive session to review results and weave these findings into a comprehensive strategic plan to achieve your personal career related goals. Many of these assessments are also available for workplace team development and are offered to organizations as a part of team building packages.
- Myers Briggs Inventory Type I & II: To assess interplay of personality characteristics in the workplace
- DiSC Workplace personality style,For Self Understanding and Team building
- Strong Career Interest Inventory "I Start Strong” to Determine Career Interests and Values
- EQ-i Emotional Intelligence based on the work of Daniel Goldman, these tools used for workplace role enhancement
- EQi-360 Provides feedback
- Profiler 360 Leadership Competency Tool
- Discovery Leadership 360
- Clifton Strengths Finder
- SkillScan https://skillscan.com/user
Assessment Fees: Vary based upon the instrument used ( retail value) and length of interpretive session, usually 1-2 hours in length.
RESUME AND OTHER WRITING SERVICES
- Private Sector Resumes
- Federal Government Resumes
- Resume Updating/Writing Packages
- Resume Development for Promotions, New Positions, Career Shifts
Resume Services Include:
- An evaluation of your current resume.
- A 30- to 60-minute interview or an in depth review of a thorough questionnaire to gain a better understanding of the type of position you are seeking and to ensure that your new resume emphasizes your capabilities and accomplishments and professional goals.
- If applicable, a review of two job targets you plan to apply for to ensure your resume addresses the position and organization's needs and preferences.
- An email to you with an agreement regarding the scope of service and the customized fee based upon your needs.
- A draft resume, emailed to you in Word and as a PDF.
- After approval of the resume, a period of 7 days for you to request minor changes.
- Mid Level $700-900
- Executive/Management $900-1200
Federal Government Resumes by General Schedule (GS) Classification:
- Senior-Level thru Executive Level (GS 12, 13, 14, 15) : $1,200-1,500
- Mid-Level ( GS 9, 10, 11) : $ 900-1,200
ALL RESUME SERVICES OFFERED AT A 15% DISCOUNT WHEN COMBINED WITH A CAREER COACHING SERVICE PACKAGE
OTHER PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES
- Cover Letter/Thank you Letter Packages
- LinkedIn Profile: Entry Level through Mid-Level: Technical, Senior Management, Executive Level
- A review of your current resume to pull the best information to include in your cover letter or profile
- In the case of a cover letter, a review of the positions to ensure the letter addressed the needed material
- Cover Letter: The crafting of a one-page cover letter that can be tweaked as needed when applying for various positions with a specific industry. Emailed to you in Word and as PDF
- LinkedIn Profile: Writing of the profile for your review, recommendations for ongoing updates that you can complete to maximize the format useage
- Cover Letter: One cover letter included with the private sector resume services, $75 per each additional letter.
- $150 for any stand-alone cover letters (without resume services).
- LinkedIn: $ 350 for Entry Level through Mid-Level Clients
- LinkedIn: $ 450 for Technical through Senior Management Executive Level
Sequence Career Coaches will work with your organizations HR professionals to design an outplacement package of services per individual employee or for a group, depending upon the needs during times of growth and transition. We will ensure comprehensive career transition support tailored to the objectives of your outplacement offerings. Please contact 240-200-5401 ext 2 to request more information.
Click on the links below to read a detailed program description and follow the link here or on the calendar above to our Eventbrite registration site.
FOCUS ON THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT: Job Searching
What departments of the federal government are hiring, and what are the scope of jobs within these departments? How do I find the opportunities, and what do I need to know to apply for a Federal Government Job? Taught by a former federal government employee and certified federal government resume writer.
CAREER STARTERS; Entry Level Career Coaching
Get your career off to the right start, with up to date information about resumes, LinkedIn, networking in a social media age and more....This workshop is 1.5 hours long, and enrollment is limited to new graduates and other young adults in the beginning stages of their career.
WORKFORCE RE-ENTRY: Career Planning for a Successful Transition
Are you a mid career professional considering a significant job change, and wondering what skills and experiences can transfer? Have you been out of the workforce, and are hoping to jump back it, but are not sure how to handle those resume gaps and awkward questions? Adults lives often change, and our career experiences must change with us. Spend time learning up to date techniques to present yourself and get your new career started.
Organizations seek consulting during times of transition. Examples of this include start-ups, expansions, or periods of internal conflict in need of an external intermediary to diagnose issues and design strategies leading to constructive change. Services may include a combination of the services listed below:
- Executive Leadership Coaching
- Team Building
- Retreat Facilitation
- Work-Life Balance Workshops
- Mindfulness in The Workplace In-Service Trainings
- Conflict Resolution In The Workplace Trainings
- Effective Communication Skills and Strategies for Employees
- Board Development
- Strategic Planning
The length of services may vary. An agreement for scope, duration and expense of services is established at the onset of services. Fees are based upon this agreement.
Testimonial from to our "Mindfulness At Work Program:
When I reached out to SEQUENCE Counseling & Consulting Services, Kathleen returned my call right away and was able to conduct a successful lunch and learn presentation for my company’s wellness fair with very little notice.
Kathleen was friendly, professional and knowledgeable. I thought it an especially nice touch she had a few raffle prizes to offer our employees and stayed to answer questions for those that couldn’t attend the presentation.
I got so much positive feedback from the employees that we are in the process of hiring her again for an upcoming event.
Keep up the AMAZING wellness work SEQUENCE, you are doing great things for this community!!
A.K., Human Resources