YOU DESERVE THE RIGHT CAREER
As adults careers define us, they represent the significant investments we have made in our education and experiences. They provide for our financial needs, they spark our interest, bring us in contact with like-minded people, and teach us new things.We derive meaning for our life in the services we provide for those around us and from the communities to which we are connected through our work.
SEQUENCE offers professional consulting by a team of career and workplace consultants with backgrounds in the Federal Government, Human Resources, Employee Assistance, Non-Profit Leadership, Executive Coaching, Marketing, Program Development and Journalism. Our goal is to promote workplace success for individuals, small businesses and organizations.
Services may be offered in our Rockville offices, on-site throughout the Washington Metropolitan Area, by phone or video conference. Call 240-200-5401 ext. 2
Career coaching can make all the difference in your career. Coaches work with you to define and achieve your goals. Together you will navigate your path to your ideal career vision. The coaching process may be targeted to a very specific time frame or career transition, or it may be more open ended as you explore options over time and move through the job seeking process.
Services may include a combination of the services listed below:
- Review of Career/Educational History
- Assessments ( see list of options below)
- Strategic Planning for Career Transitions: Shifts/Advancement/Return to Workforce
- Identify Career Options based upon Values Assessments
- Increase Self Awareness and Develop Effective Communication Strategies
- Develop Social Media Networking Strategies
- LinkedIn Profile Review or Creation
- Interview Preparation and Techniques
- Salary Negotiation Strategies
- Career Coaching to Build Job Seeking Skills and Workplace Success
Sessions are generally 60 to 75 minutes in length, and fees many vary from $175-200 accordingly. Length of work ranges from 5-7 sessions over a period of months, packages rates are available for 5+ sessions.
The following assessments are offered online, with links provided by your Career Services professional, who will schedule an interpretive session to review results and weave these findings into a comprehensive strategic plan to achieve your personal career related goals. Many of these assessments are also available for workplace team development and are offered to organizations as a part of team building packages.
- Myers Briggs Inventory Type I & II: To assess interplay of personality characteristics in the workplace
- DiSC Workplace personality style,For Self Understanding and Team building
- Strong Career Interest Inventory "I Start Strong” to Determine Career Interests and Values
- EQ-i Emotional Intelligence based on the work of Daniel Goldman, these tools used for workplace role enhancement
- EQi-360 Provides feedback
- Profiler 360 Leadership Competency Tool
Assessment Fees: Vary based upon the instrument used ( retail value) and length of interpretive session, usually 1-2 hours in length.
RESUME AND OTHER WRITING SERVICES
- Private Sector Resumes
- Federal Government Resumes
- Resume Updating/Writing Packages
- Resume Development for Promotions, New Positions, Career Shifts
Resume Services Include:
- An evaluation of your current resume.
- A 30- to 60-minute interview or an in depth review of a thorough questionnaire to gain a better understanding of the type of position you are seeking and to ensure that your new resume emphasizes your capabilities and accomplishments and professional goals.
- If applicable, a review of two job targets you plan to apply for to ensure your resume addresses the position and organization's needs and preferences.
- An email to you with an agreement regarding the scope of service and the customized fee based upon your needs.
- A draft resume, emailed to you in Word and as a PDF.
- After approval of the resume, a period of 7 days for you to request minor changes.
Private Sector ( Includes 1 Cover Letter):
- Senior Management/Executives: $ 600-750
- Technical Professionals (or those with 15+ years of experience): $ 450-600
- Mid-Level Professionals (or those with 5 to 15 years of experience): $375-500
- Second Tier Entry-Level Professionals (or those with 2 to 5 years of experience and/or a graduate degree): $350
- Entry-Level Professionals ( 0-2 years of experience, no graduate degree): $ 250
Federal Government Resumes by General Schedule (GS) Classification:
- Executive-Level (GS 15) : $ 1,100
- Senior-Level (GS 12, 13, 14) : $ 875
- Mid-Level ( GS 9, 10, 11) : $ 665
- Entry-Level ( GS 8 or lower): $ 400
*Fees may be slightly higher or lower depending on the level of work needed and if the client does not have an existing, updated resume to work from.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL WRITING SERVICES
- Cover Letter/Thank you Letter Packages
- LinkedIn Profile ( Federal government or Private Sector)
- A review of your resume to pull the best information to include in your cover letter or profile
- An evaluation of your current
- In the case of a cover letter, a review of the positions to ensure the letter addressed the needed material
- Cover Letter: The crafting of a one-page cover letter that can be tweaked as needed when applying for various positions with a specific industry. Emailed to you in Word and as PDF
- LinkedIn Profile: Writing of the profile for your review, recommendations for ongoing updates that you can complete to maximize the format useage
- Cover Letter: One cover letter included wit the private sector resume services, $75 per each additional letter.
- $125 for any stand-alone cover letters (without resume services).
- LinkedIn: $ 250 for Entry Level through Mid-Level Clients
- LinkedIn: $ 350 for Technical through Senior Management Executive Level
Click in the links below to read a program description and follow the link here or on the calendar above to our Eventbrite registration site.
TIME FOR A NEW CAREER! This is our cornerstone Career Workshop, covering all of the bases needed to make sure your job search has a solid foundation and you are well positioned for success. Offered Monthly, Monday mornings 10-12. Jump start your career shift, great for those in career transition and returning to the workforce
WHAT IS THE RIGHT CAREER FOR ME? HOW DO I FIND IT? Offered throughout the year, check the registration form for dates. Cover your bases to get started smart: for recent graduates beginning professional careers.
MAKE THEM WANT YOU: A Guide to Successful Interviewing - Dynamic workshop to make sure you are prepared to make your best impression once you are in the job interview. Next offered September 2016, learn more or register now for MAKE THEM WANT YOU.
WHAT IS MY WORK AND HOW IS IT WORKING FOR ME - In depth exploration of your career choices and experience. Consider if you are on the right track, how to enhance what you are doing if you are, and how to shift tracks to a better fit when you are ready for change. Next offered September 2016, learn more or register now for WHAT IS MY WORK AND HOW IS IT WORKING FOR ME.
Organizations seek consulting during times of transition. Examples of this include start-ups, expansions, or periods of internal conflict in need of an external intermediary to diagnose issues and design strategies leading to constructive change. Services may include a combination of the services listed below:
- Executive Leadership Coaching
- Team Building
- Retreat Facilitation
- Work-Life Balance Workshops
- Mindfulness in The Workplace In-Service Trainings
- Conflict Resolution In The Workplace Trainings
- Effective Communication Skills and Strategies for Employees
- Board Development
- Strategic Planning
- Severance Packages ( Can include a combination of coaching, resume writing and relevant assessments)
Below is a diagram of the system known as the SOUND RELATIONSHIP WORKPLACE
Adapted from the Gottman Institutes work with relationship dynamics, is creates a targeted set of goals for maximizing workplace effectiveness and is a model used by Sequence for in depth Career and workplace coaching
The length of services may vary. An agreement for scope, duration and expense of services is established at the onset of services. Fees are based upon this agreement.
Response to our "Mindfulness In The Workplace" Program:
When I reached out to SEQUENCE Counseling & Consulting Services, Kathleen returned my call right away and was able to conduct a successful lunch and learn presentation for my company’s wellness fair with very little notice.
Kathleen was friendly, professional and knowledgeable. I thought it an especially nice touch she had a few raffle prizes to offer our employees and stayed to answer questions for those that couldn’t attend the presentation.
I got so much positive feedback from the employees that we are in the process of hiring her again for an upcoming event.
Keep up the AMAZING wellness work SEQUENCE, you are doing great things for this community!!
Adrienne Keyser, Human Resources